Saturday, February 6, 2010

Things I'll Miss: Tia Pol

Right now, one of my favorite bloggers (Maggie of The Freckled Citizen) is moving from Dallas to D.C. In anticipation of her move she did a series on things she would miss in Dallas. One of her posts was about Central Market (amazing, amazing grocery store that is also in Austin) and when I read it I was like Score! I'll to be able to go to Central Market again in addition to the greatest Whole Foods ever.

But, awesome Austin grocery stores aside, her posts got me thinking about what I'm going to miss here in New York City.

Paying a TON of money for a one bedroom apartment where I'm constantly rearranging every thing to try to accommodate all our stuff? Not so much.

The bitter, bitter cold? Nope.
Cranky people on the subway, people who think it's smart to walk 4 across on the sidewalk, or the guy always handing out cards for $6 eyebrow threading by our apartment? None of those either.
I will miss Tia Pol. Tia Pol is the greatest tapas restaurant I've ever been to in my life (so far). It's only 2 blocks from our apartment. By NYC standards, it's totally affordable. The waitstaff is super nice and they remember us when we come in (they should since we're there a lot). Which makes it the perfect restaurant.

So, I will be missing the patatas bravas (the only time I eat aioli), the chorizo and chocolate, the fried chickpeas, the bone marrow, the artichoke salad and I will miss the blistered green peppers (almost the only time I eat green peppers).

If you're ever in New York, go eat here. Don't believe people when they tell you Boqueria is the place to go for tapas in the Chelsea/Flat iron area. It's not. Tia Pol is so far beyond Boqueria it's not even funny (especially not funny when you're used to the amazingness that is Tia Pol and you pop in to Boqueria one starving Sunday afternoon only to pay more and leave less fulfilled than you ever do at Tia Pol).
P.S. Keep in mind it's a small place, you can make reservations up to 5 days in advance and the earlier you go, the shorter the wait time.

No comments:

Post a Comment