Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reverb10 #6

#6 Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

The last thing I made was Frito Pie for dinner last week. I used Fritos (clearly a necessity for the Frito Pit), canned chile, cheese and avocado.

I really want to make a snood AKA one of those scarves that are so trendy right now that just slip over your head. I could work on it while watching TV but I really need to learn how exactly to do it. I know how to do a basic knit stitch (which all of my loved ones were happy to discover a couple Christmases ago when they all received very simple scarves as presents) but I don't know how to purl or how to make something one continuous connected piece like you have to do for a snood.

I always think I'm going to take some knitting lessons but that's yet to happen. For now, I think my best bet for getting a snood is asking Santa.

P.S. This prompt came from Gretchen Rubin. She's the author of The Happiness Project. A.maz.ing book. Get it. Read it. Check out her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment