Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Resolutions in Action

This year, Christian and I made a joint resolution to try yoga. Neither one of us has been very active (read: I haven't gone to the gym in probably 2 years) and we really should be. Also, I really need some stress relief in my life. So, we decided to try yoga thinking it would help us get out of the apartment and doing something physical and maybe it would help me not be so darn cranky all the time.

This morning was our first of four beginner sessions at this place -- Laughing Lotus -- over on 19th Street. How did we choose Laughing Lotus? It's close to our apartment. They had a total beginners series. And it was the cheapest of the places I found in my 20 minutes of looking around on yelp, google, etc.

I was shocked at how much I liked it. Given, this was only the first class, but so far, I think I could really get into yoga. I could've done without the instructor reading to us from the yoga sutras at the beginning of the class and I need to see if I can lessen the hurt that was happening in my wrists but otherwise I'm totally psyched that we decided to try it.

For your amusement, here's a totally awful picture of me this morning before we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment