Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Table With Some of My Favorite Things

We have this table next to our couch. Christian bought it down in the village one day from this little furniture store. In the store, the table was wobbly. Christian believed the salesman when he told him it was just the floors in the store. Well, this table has been in two different apartments now and it has wobbled everywhere it's been put. Me thinks my husband was had.

But, what's great about this table is the things I love that I put on it.

First up, the tall white vase. It's from Nambe. Being from New Mexico, items from Nambe will always have a special place in my heart and remind me of home. This particular piece is one of the few ceramic pieces I've seen produced. My mom and I got it years ago at the annual fall outlet sale they have. I love the mini bud holes that go around the vase. So cute and unexpected. Currently, I'm obsessed with red and yellow tulips in the vase. They bring brightness and spring to our NYC apartment in the dead of winter.

Next, the bud vase (from Crate and Barrel). Beautiful wedding present from some of our best friends. It reminds me of the important people in our lives and how amazing they are to us.

A photo of Christian and me. Our apartment is filled with them. We simply love photos. This one was taken in a park in Boston on a trip we took Fourth of July weekend 2008.

Slate drink coasters from Anthropologie. These were a Christmas gift from Christian this year. Unfortunately, they're no longer available. I've been having so much fun writing guests names on their coasters every time we've invited someone over for dinner since Christmas. I think these will last a long time (and keep amusing me just as long!).

Down below you can catch a glimpse of some cameras. We've got a Lomography Fisheye in front, the 25th Anniversary Lomography LC-A just behind it (my wedding present to Christian), and in the back, the Canon 20D.

No comments:

Post a Comment